Wednesday, April 15, 2009

Surgery Day

April 3, 2009
My mom came from New Mexico to help me out after the surgery. We had to be at the hospital at 5:00am with surgery to start at 7:30. I was ready and excited.
Zeke was alittle scared for me. But I don't blame him- since his 6 year old mind just remembers Danny getting sick and not getting better.
The surgery took under 2 hours and I was in recovery for another 3 hours. I was home by
1:30 pm and knocked out. By evening I was alittle more awake and sipping on juice. I could not take more than 1/2 of a ounce at a time. It was about this time I got nauseated. I thought I was close to death as I dry-heaped and was thinking my new band was going to come up out of my mouth. I didnt know whether to hold my abdomen or keep the bag over my mouth.
The beginning of the OMG- what did I do?

No comments: